We are open Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM and by appointment. With programs designed to accelerate business growth, an array of business support services and resources are orchestrated by library management and delivered to patron/clients. Unlike many business assistance programs, to access BRIC resources and programs clients need only walk in the door … well, with a library card of course.
Public Computers - 4 PC’s and 1 Mac with full Adobe software suite. Free WiFi is available.
Newspapers - Nevada Appeal, Reno-Gazette Journal, Wall Street Journal, Northern Nevada Business Weekly
Magazines - Bloomberg Business Week, The Economist, Entrepreneur, Inc. Magazine, Nevada Business Magazine, Smart Computing, NNDA's Viewpoint, Carson City Chamber's In Focus magazine
• Business Decision This database provides demographic information on a consumer level.
o Phone the BRIC (775-283-7123) for information about using this database.
• EBSCO Small Business Reference Center This database provides access to business support periodicals, videos and books. When prompted, enter all digits of a Carson City Library card barcode number.
• ReferenceUSA This database provides detailed information on more than 24 million businesses in the United States. When prompted, enter all digits of a Carson City Library card barcode number.
• Foundation Center – As a Cooperating Collection of the Foundation Center, there is access to a variety of databases of foundations and other grant funders.
• Gale Virtual Reference Library: Business and Finance When prompted, enter all digits of a Carson City Library card barcode number.
• Business and Economics websites from the Internet Public Library
• 3 meeting rooms available
• Conference Room A - capacity 45, full A/V system, wireless projector
• Conference Room B - capacity 15, full A/V system, wireless projector, smart board capability
• Conference Room C - capacity 8, work table and white board
• Available free of charge for business purposes
• And, CNBC with the latest business and stock market information
Business Counseling & Mentoring
• A Nevada Small Business Development Center (NevadaSBDC) counselor is available free of charge for one-on-one counseling for startup and existing businesses. Call 775-283-7122 to make an appointment.
• Hwy 101 – The Roadmap to Business Success – all free of charge
o Starting a Business 101 - for those starting a new business or adding a new product line
- Noon-1:30 PM on January 14th.
o Marketing 101 - Strategies, The 4 P’s, Competition, Target Markets and Your Brand
- Noon-1:30 PM on January 16th.
o Finance 101 – Understanding Financial Statements and Projecting Cash Flows
- Noon-1:30 PM on January 21st.
o Social Media 101 – Introduction to Social Media – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Noon-1:30 PM on January 23rd.
o LinkedIn for Business - Learn how to increase your online presence
- Noon-1:30 PM on January 29th.
o Facebook for Business – Learn the marketing fundamentals of how to use Facebook
- Noon-1:30 PM on January 29th.
o How to Create a Website Using Free Online Tools – Create a simple website in class
- Noon-1:30 PM on January 30th.
• Free Computer Tutoring – One-hour sessions on basic computer usage (turning on the computer, surfing the Internet, setting up an email account). Call the BRIC front desk at 775-283-7123 to make an appointment.
• Free Online Video Tutorials on subjects ranging from Business Software, 3D + Animation, Design, Home Computing, Web + Interactive, Audio and Video Production, Web Development and Photography through Lynda.com.
- You can reserve time from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM in 2 hour intervals. Bring headphones or ear buds and start adding to your skill set through over 40,000 tutorials available on Lynda.com.
• NxLeveL Education for Entrepreneurs – This course on business planning meets weekly for 13 weeks and provides all the tools needed to write a business plan - call 775-283-7122 to be put on the waiting list for the next scheduled class.
• Space is limited for all classes. Call the BRIC front desk at 775-283-7123 or click here to register.
"Like" us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
The Library Team:
Sena Loyd – Library Director
email@example.com 887-2244 x1018
Susan Antipa – Adult Services Librarian
firstname.lastname@example.org 887-2244 x1016
Michael Salogga – Business Resource Manager, NevadaSBDC Business Counselor
Andi Moore – Programming Outreach Manager
Nicole Baker – Business Librarian Assistant