THE SPRING 2017 OPEN BURN PERIOD IS
FROM MARCH 25th TO APRIL 23rd
The purpose of the open burn period is to provide residents an opportunity to dispose of accumulations of weeds and yard debris. Beginning March 20, 2017, you may apply for a burn permit by any of the following means:
• Using our convenient online permit application form page. If you apply online, you will also need to download or print a copy of the blank interactive PDF permit application form to complete the information which will be provided to you by the Carson City Fire Department. If you need additional information, please call (775) 887-2210.
• Please print this interactive PDF permit
• In person by dropping by Fire Station 51/Headquarters at 777 South Stewart Street, M-F, 8:00 AM to 5 PM
In order to make this a safe endeavor for those involved, please adhere to the following:
• A valid permit number must be obtained from the Carson City Fire Department 24 hours in advance of the planned burn date to validate this permit. Additionally, authorization to burn must be obtained each day of the planned burn by calling (775) 887-2007. When calling for authorization, you must provide the previously-issued permit number.
• Burn only between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
• Cease burning if wind is above 5 mph.
• Burn pile must be no more than 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet high.
• Burn pile must be 25 feet away from any structure or other combustibles.
• A garden hose or other approved extinguishing equipment must be on site and available at all times.
• Fire must be attended by an adult at all times.
• Burning of yard waste only (e.g., weeds, limbs, leaves, etc.).
Failure to abide by these regulations is a violation of Carson City Municipal Code and may result in a criminal citation. Permit holder assumes all liability resulting from the conduct of open burning to include any suppression costs resulting from the burning activity.