The Treasurer, an elected four year term official, fulfills the duties outlined in Chapter 249 of the Nevada Revised Statutes and Section 3.045 of the Carson City Charter.
The Treasurer’s Office receives revenues owed to the City, maintains a record of the receipts, balances and reconciles the receipts with the Controller’s records on a monthly basis and invests all surplus money. The Treasurer produces monthly reports for the Board of Supervisors outlining the status of City financial holdings.
Revenues collected under the direct supervision of the Treasurer include property taxes; water and sewer consumption use fees; landfill fees; franchise fees; receipts of State collected revenues and taxes; parking ticket fines; and investment income.
Specific areas of responsibility are:
- Banking and Investments
- Collection of Real and Personal Property Taxes
- Collection of Water and Sewer payments
- Parking Administration
- Recovery of monies due the City
- Collection of Franchise Fees
- Collection of Telecommunication Fees
- Collection of 911 Surcharges
- Collection of Landfill Payments