CARSON CITY CONSOLIDATED MUNICIPALITY
NOTICE OF A SPECIAL MEETING OF THE
CARSON CITY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Date: February 23, 2012
Time: Beginning at 9:00 a.m.
Location: Sheriff's Administration Building, Ormsby Room
911 East Musser Street
Carson City, Nevada
Strategic Planning Workshop Agenda
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Public Comments and Discussion:
The public is invited at this time to comment on and discuss any topic that is relevant to, or within the authority of, the Carson City Board of Supervisors, the Carson City Liquor and Entertainment Board, the Carson City Redevelopment Authority and the Carson City Board of Health (Boards). In order for members of the public to participate in the Boards' consideration of an agenda item, the Boards strongly encourage members of the public to comment on an agenda item during the item itself. No action may be taken on a matter raised under public comment unless the item has been specifically included on the agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. The Mayor, or the Mayor Pro-Tem, retains discretion to only provide for public comment under this general item and not call for or allow individual-item public comment at the time of any Boards' consideration of any item on the agenda involving: 1) an off-site tour by the Board; or 2) any person's or entity's due process appeal or hearing rights provided by statute or the Carson City Municipal Code.
4. For Possible Action: Adoption of Agenda
5. This workshop will include the discussion related to the following topics:
A) Carson City Scorecard
- Overview of objectives and measures and fiscal effort information.
- Presentation of recommended changes submitted by staff.
- Board & staff discussion of Carson City Scorecard.
B) Overview of 2011/2012 Financial Projections
- Board & staff discussion of financial projections.
C) Overview of 2011/2012 Initiatives
- Presentation of recommendations made by staff.
- Board & staff discussion of initiatives.
D) Carson City Public Opinion Survey
- Presentation of recommendations for survey questions from staff.
- Board & staff discussion of survey questions.
Click here to view/download backup materials (pdf)
6. Public Comment: The public is invited at this time to comment on any matter that is not specifically included on the agenda as an action item. No action may be taken on a matter raised under this item of the agenda.
7. For Possible Action: To Adjourn
Agenda Management Notice - Items on the agenda may be taken out of order; the public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; and the public body may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time.
Copies of information related to the above items can be viewed at the reference desk at the Carson City Public Library.
Titles of agenda items are intended to identify specific matters. If you desire detailed information concerning any subject matter itemized within this agenda, you are encouraged to call the responsible agency or the City Manager's Office. You are encouraged to attend this meeting and participate by commenting on any agendized item.
"Notice to persons with disabilities: Members of the public who are disabled and require special assistance or accommodations at the meeting are requested to notify the City Manager's Office in writing at 201 North Carson Street, Carson City, NV, 89701, or by calling (775)887-2100 at least 24 hours in advance."
This notice has been posted at the following locations:
Community Center 851 East William Street
Public Safety Complex 885 East Musser Street
City Hall 201 North Carson Street
Carson City Library 900 North Roop Street
Sheriff=s Administration Building 911 East Musser Street
Business Resource & Innovation Center (BRIC) 108 East Proctor
Date: February 15, 2012