Description: Large 51-acre community park
Location: Central Carson City at 1111 East William Street (U.S. Highway 50 East)
Picnic tables & barbecues
3 Covered Pavilions with tables and barbeques
3 regulation sand volleyball courts
Large grass areas
Exercise stations and outdoor fitness center
The Carson City Community Center and Aquatic Facility are also located adjacent to Mills Park.
Provided below is more information about the amenities located at Mills Park:
- Virginia Orcutt Skateboard Park: Open to the public from dawn to dusk. This popular facility is for both skateboards and rollerblades. All participants must wear helmets, knee pads, and elbow pads.
- Aquatic Facility: Olympic size indoor pool, parent & tot pool, therapy pool, outdoor pool, and excercise/weight room.
- Community Center: Gymnasium, commercial kitchen, classrooms, meeting room, and the Bob Boldrick Theater.
- Carson & Mills Park Railroad: Operated by the Carson City Railroad Association. For a recorded message with schedule information call, 775-887-2523.
- Marv Teixeira Pavilion (formerly Pony Express Pavilion) Open-air covered pavilion. Available for summertime use for concerts, exhibitions, farmers markets, craft fairs, and more. Wintertime use is reserved for the Sierra Inline Roller Hockey Association. Located in the northeast area of Mills Park.
- Wungnema House: Historic House/Museum administered by the Foundation for the Betterment of Parks and Recreation. Available for small group meetings and events. For more information please contact Jo Saulisberry, President of the Foundation for the Betterment of Parks and Recreation, at (775) 841-5570.
Park and Facility Rental Information
Click Here for Map/Location