Road Report as of November 19, 2015. The following information applies to the period of November 23-29:
NDOT will begin work for the construction of an auxiliary lane on southbound I-580 from the Eastlake Boulevard interchange to the N. Carson Street off-ramp. There will be nightly lane closures from 8:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. beginning Sunday evening, November 22, through Wednesday morning, November 25. In addition, the East Lake/Hobart southbound on-ramp will be closed during these times and detours will be signed.
Division Street will be closed Monday through Wednesday, due to road construction, between Fifth Street and King Street. Detours will be signed.
Beginning Monday, November 23, through Wednesday, November 25, the outside northbound lane on Carson Street will be closed between Robinson Street and Caroline Street due to maintenance.
Utility work will continue Monday through Wednesday as indicated below, 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., with possible flagger controlled traffic at the following locations:
• Division Street between Fleischmann Way and Bath Street. Road will be closed Monday only.
• Mountain Street between Fleischmann Way and Long Street. Road will be closed Monday through Wednesday. There will be business access from Washington Street.
• Fleischmann Way between Mountain Street and Division Street.
• The intersection of Mountain Street and Fleischmann Way.
• Long Street between Mountain Street and Division Street.
• Sierra Circle, Hillside Way, Miller Way, Pine View Way, and Lane Circle.
The following impacts are expected as a result of the East/West Water Transmission Project:
• Washington Street will be closed to traffic between Stewart and Walsh Streets Monday through Wednesday.
• Washington Street will be closed to through traffic between Walsh and Roop Streets Monday through Wednesday, library traffic will be allowed via flagged traffic.
• There will be lane closures in each direction on Stewart Street at Washington Street, Monday through Wednesday. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
On Monday, November 23, and Tuesday, November 24, Hillview Drive will be closed to through traffic at the Clearview Drive intersection to approximately 100 yards to the south from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
There will be lane closures due to utility work beginning Monday, November 23, through Wednesday, November 25, at the following locations:
• Jefferson Drive between Madison Drive and Faraday Circle.
• Panamint Road just north of Knoblock Road.
• Stampede Drive just east of Gregg Street.
• Fleetwood Avenue between Cornet Way and Cardinal Way.
• The intersection of Newman Place and Maison Way.
• Comstock Circle.
• Hytech Drive just north of Arrowhead Drive.
• Clearview Drive just west of Hillview Drive.
There will be a lane closure on Oregon Street with flagger controlled traffic between Roop Street and Wright Way Monday through Wednesday as work continues at the NDOT maintenance yard.
Race Track Road will be closed to through traffic between Bigelow Drive and Schulz Drive for the entire week.
There will be utility work on the shoulder of Snyder Avenue between Oak Street and Bigelow Drive Monday through Wednesday 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
On Thursday, November 26, Mountain Street will be closed between Washington Street and Robinson Street from 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for a special event.
Dan Doenges, PTP
Senior Transportation Planner
Carson City Public Works Department/
Carson Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
3505 Butti Way
Carson City, NV 89701