We are open during normal library business hours and by appointment at the main branch of the library at 900 North Roop Street. With programs designed to accelerate business growth, an array of business support services and resources are orchestrated by library management and delivered to patron/clients. Unlike many business assistance programs, to access BRIC resources and programs clients need only walk in the door … well, with a library card of course.
Public Computers - 3 PC’s and 3 Mac's with full Adobe software suite. Free WiFi is available.
Newspapers - Nevada Appeal, Reno-Gazette Journal
Magazines - Bloomberg Business Week, The Economist, Carson City Chamber's In Focus magazine, plus many more.
• Business Decision This database provides demographic information on a consumer level.
• EBSCO Small Business Reference Center This database provides access to business support periodicals, videos and books. When prompted, enter all digits of a Carson City Library card barcode number.
• ReferenceUSA This database provides detailed information on more than 34 million businesses in the United States. When prompted, enter all digits of a Carson City Library card barcode number.
• Foundation Center – As a Cooperating Collection of the Foundation Center, there is access to a variety of databases of foundations and other grant funders.
• Gale Virtual Reference Library: Business and Finance One of the useful resources here is the Business Plans Handbook. When prompted, enter all digits of a Carson City Library card barcode number.
• Business and Economics websites from the Internet Public Library
• 1 meeting room available
• Collaboration Room - capacity 6
Business Counseling & Mentoring
• A Nevada Small Business Development Center (NevadaSBDC) counselor is available free of charge for one-on-one counseling for new and existing businesses. Call 775-283-7122 to make an appointment.
• Hwy 101 – The Roadmap to Business Success – all free of charge
o Starting a Business 101 - for those starting a new business or adding a new product line
o Marketing 101 - Strategies, The 4 P’s, Competition, Target Markets and Your Brand
o Finance 101 – Understanding Financial Statements and Projecting Cash Flows
o Social Media 101 – Introduction to Social Media – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
o LinkedIn for Business - Learn how to increase your online presence
o Facebook for Business – Learn the marketing fundamentals of how to use Facebook
o How to Create a Website Using Free Online Tools – Create a simple website in class
• Free Computer Tutoring – One-hour sessions on basic computer usage (turning on the computer, surfing the Internet, setting up an email account). Call the library at 775-887-2244 to make an appointment.
• Free Online Video Tutorials on subjects ranging from Business Software, 3D + Animation, Design, Home Computing, Web + Interactive, Audio and Video Production, Web Development and Photography through Lynda.com.
- You can reserve time during normal library hours in 1 hour intervals. Bring headphones or ear buds and start adding to your skill set through over 140,000 tutorials available on Lynda.com.
• NxLeveL Education for Entrepreneurs – This course on business planning meets weekly for 15 weeks and provides all the tools needed to write a business plan. The cost is $295 and includes your textbook and workbook - click here for more information. Future classes will be scheduled in coordination with Western Nevada College, are eligible for college credit and will be transferable to University of Nevada, Reno. Call Michael Salogga at 775-283-7122 for more information.
• Space is limited for all classes. Call 775-283-7122 or click here to register (except for NxLeveL).
"Like" us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
The Library Team:
Sena Loyd – Library Director
email@example.com 775-887-2244 x1018
Susan Antipa – Adult Services Librarian
firstname.lastname@example.org 775-887-2244 x1016
Michael Salogga – Business Development Manager, NevadaSBDC Business Counselor