Registration begins Sunday, May 1st, 2016
2016-2017 Scholarship Application Packet - Click Here - Packet Must Be Complete Before Submission
We Are Back!!
Retooled and ready to bring nothing but fun, Carson City Parks & Recreation returns with its biggest and best summer yet. During the summer months, participants in the Kinder & Kick Back Kamps will get to see the Mills Park Complex transformed into a sprawling haven of summer fun for kids of all ages. This includes access to amenities such as sand volleyball courts, tennis courts, horseshoe pitts, open air picnic areas, direct access to the Carson City Aquatic Center, multiple playgrounds, and the awesomely fun skate park. Not only do we have fun activities, pizza meal day opportunities, and awesome swim lesson options for all kampers, we also manage to mix in a great amount of offsite field trips.
Opening on Monday, June 13th, this year's version of Summer Kamp will span almost ten weeks before concluding on Wednesday, August 17th, 2016. As usual, our hours of operation will run Monday through Friday, 6:30 am until 6:00 pm for a full action packed day of kid driven fun. The base cost for kamp is $85 per week per child. This includes one free local field trip per week with each summer kamp group. Local field trips this year will include the Nevada State Museum, The Children's Museum of Northern Nevada, Bowling at The Gold Dust West Casino, & The Nevada Railroad Museum amongst others. Please view the above 2016 Summer Kamp brochure for more info on registration. Registration can be found online at carson.org/ccpr or in person at the Carson City Aquatic Center on Roop Street.
Structured Group Games & Activities:
Permitted through the State of Nevada to operate out of school programs, Carson City Parks & Recreation goes the extra mile to provide a fully involved experience for its participants each year. Our staff members are afforded over 35 hours of rigorous training which includes CPR/First Aid, Mandated Reporting, Bloodborne Pathogens, teambuilding, & behavior management. This is in addition to the hours of time staff spend learning new games and skill building activities to make sure that participants always have something new and interesting to try out.
Brand New Programming:
- Around the World: New for the Wagoneer group this year, Around the World will being the rest of the world to the Wagoneer doorstep. World famous structures such as the Eiffel Tower, The Statue of Liberty, & The Pyramids of Giza will be highlighted as we turn our participants into the greatest world travelers that Carson City has ever seen!
- Mills Park Treasure Hunters: Take note as the Pioneer kamp gets an awesome chance to solve weekly riddles developed just for them that involve exploring the Mills Park Complex and all things found within.
- Teen Cuisine: Developed specifically with the Trailblazer group in mind, Teen Cuisine seeks to bring fine cuisine to our oldest group of kampers during their summer break. Kampers will be tasked with creating such dishes as French toast, crepes, pasta, and even pizza as they learn what it takes to put a meal together. Lessons on kitchen safety, nutrition, and dinner manners will be included as well.
Completely optional and available to all participants signed up for a particular week, our additional field trips were selected with fun in mind. Kampers will get a full dose of fun in the Nevada sun as we visit Lake Tahoe and its beaches with multiple trips to Zephyr Cove. We have also managed to add in trips to great facilities such as EZ Air and the Greater Nevada Field to see the Reno Aces play. More information can be found in the 2016 Summer Kamp Brochure.
A new addition for this year's 2016 Summer Kamp season, specialty kamps offer a wider range of opportunities for our kampers. This year, Youth Programs has partnered with both Stella's Dance & Cheer Program and Silverstate Gymnastics to bring some new and exciting activities to our current summer schedule.
- Stella's Dance & Cheer Kamp: Offered in Week #6, Stella's Dance & Cheer Program offers a structured intro into the world of cheer over the course of one full week with five (5) hour and a half long sessions designed to give your kamper a strong base of what it takes to hype up any crowd. Open to wagoneers, pioneers, explorers, & mountaineers, the cost for this optional opportunity is $40 for the week.
- Silverstate Gymnastics Kamp: Offered in Week #9, Silverstate Gymnastics is poised to provide a rollicking good time with an introduction in to the world of gymnastics. This includes stretching and low level tumbling exercises meant to get the kids moving and having fun. Kampers will have five (5) lessons lasting one hour and fifteen minutes over the course of a week's time. This kamp is open to wagoneers, pioneers, explorers, & mountaineers. The cost for this kamp is $65 for the week.
With amenities like these, it's easy to see why we have consistently been the top choice for Carson City families time and time again when it comes to fun, safe, and family based summer kamp fun. If you would like to know more information about the 2016 Summer Kamp offered through Youth Programs with Carson City Parks & Recreation, please feel free to call 775.283.7428 or email Jaye for more information.
Interested in becoming a vital part of your Community?
Help out by being a Volunteer today with Carson City Parks and Recreation. Be a part of our family and help out with our ever growing Youth and Sport activity needs!
Download The Youth Programs Volunteer Packet!
"Play for grown people is recreation...the renewal of life;
for children, it is growth...the gaining of life."
--Benefits of Parks & Recreation
Carson City Recreation Division offers a multitude of opportunities for
the youth of our community.
REGISTRATION FOR BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS IS OPEN!!!
2015-2016 KIDS KLUB PROGRAMMING FLYER - CLICK HERE
Please understand that availability of programming depends strictly on the number of enrolled students participating. Some offerings may be cancelled due to low participation.
Before School Programming operates from 6:30 am until 8:00 am Monday thru Friday. Drop off will be at the Community Center for ALL AM sessions with buses arriving to take your little ones to school by 8:00 am.
Please remember that the Community Center parking lot is not a city wide bus stop. If you are not signed up for programming, the bus driver will not accept any additional passengers. This year, we will be offering AM services for Bordewich Bray, Empire, Fremont, Fritsch, Mark Twain, & Seeliger Elementary Schools. Please note that we only offer PM after school services at Carson Montessori.
After School Programming operates from the sound of the bell, usually 3:15 pm until 6:00 pm Monday thru Friday at their respective schools. This year, we will be offering PM services for Bordewich Bray, Empire, Fremont, Fritsch, Mark Twain, Carson Montessori, & Seeliger Schools. At present, Bordewich Bray, Fremont, Fritsch, Montessori, and Seeliger Elementary Schools are currently slated to operate on site at their respective schools. If you have any questions about your child's specific school, please call Jaye at 775-283-7428.
Middle School Programming Offered for both Carson Middle and Eagle Valley Middle Schools, the Middle School Program is housed onsite at the Carson City Community Center. Enrolled students will be picked up from their respectively schools and driven by bus to the Community Center.
Kinder Mid-Day Programming We have great news for our parents. We are currently offering one session of our Kinder Mid Day Programs. We will be offering an AM session for children who have half day school sessions in the afternoon. Please call Jaye @ 775-283-7428 for more information as any offerings are subject to change due to low enrollment. This session is going to be held in the Kinder Room at the Carson City Community Center.
Exciting News! We are now providing AM & PM Kids Klub programming for Empire students!
Also, we will be providing transportation from Carson Montessori for the mid-day kindergarten program. Please call Jaye at 775.283.7428 if you have any questions!
Registration site can be found at http://www.carson.org/ccpr
Registration for programs is on-line at www.carson.org/ccpr with easy 24/7 access.
Any participant who desires to enroll in a program that is full may place their name on the waiting list. There are no guarantees for placement. The waiting list is compiled on a first-come, first served basis.