CARSON CITY CONSOLIDATED MUNICIPALITY
NOTICE OF MEETING OF THE
CARSON CITY CHARTER REVIEW COMMITTEE
Date: February 5, 2014
Time: Beginning at 3:00 p.m.
Location: Community Center, Sierra Room
851 East William Street
Carson City, Nevada
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Public Comments and Discussion:
The public is invited at this time to comment on and discuss any item not on the agenda that is relevant to, or within the authority of, the Carson City Charter Review Committee. In order for members of the public to participate in the Committee's consideration of an agenda item, the Committee strongly encourages members of the public to comment on an agenda item during the item itself. No action may be taken on a matter raised under public comment unless the item has been specifically included on the agenda as an item upon which action may be taken.
4. For Possible Action: Adoption of the Agenda
5. Discussion regarding background of communities created by charter in Nevada, recent legislation, including AB312 (Nevada Legislature, 2013), and other legislative issues.
Summary: Brief discussion on charter communities, their governance, and how their charters can be amended. The latest amendments made by State legislation will be discussed.
6. Review and discussion of the Nevada Open Meeting Law.
Summary: Brief discussion on how meetings must be conducted to comply with the Open Meeting Law.
7. For Possible Action: Review and discussion on the process and timeline for the 2014 Charter Review Committee and possible action to set tentative meeting dates and times for future meetings of the Charter Review Committee.
Summary: Discussion on the process to be used for the committee to receive input on possible amendments to the Carson City Charter and based on the limited availability of the Sierra Room determine future meeting dates.
8. Public Comment - The public is invited at this time to comment on any matter that is not specifically included on the agenda as an action item. No action may be taken today on a matter raised under this item of the agenda, but may be placed on a future agenda.
9. For Possible Action: To Adjourn
Agenda Management Notice - Items on the agenda may be taken out of order; the public body may combine two or more agenda items for consideration; and the public body may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time.
Titles of agenda items are intended to identify specific matters. If you desire detailed information concerning any subject matter itemized within this agenda, you are encouraged to call the responsible agency or the City Manager's Office. You are encouraged to attend this meeting and participate by commenting on any agendized item.
Notice to persons with disabilities: Members of the public who are disabled and require special assistance or accommodations at the meeting are requested to notify the City Manager's Office in writing at 201 North Carson Street, Carson City, NV, 89701, or by calling (775)887-2100 at least 24 hours in advance.
To request a copy of the supporting materials for this meeting contact Janet Busse at email@example.com or call (775)887-2100.
This agenda and backup information are available on the City's website at www.carson.org/agendas and at the City Manager's Office - 201 N. Carson Street, Ste 2, Carson City, Nevada (775) 887-2100.
This notice has been posted at the following locations:
Community Center 851 East William Street
Public Safety Complex 885 East Musser Street
City Hall 201 North Carson Street
Carson City Library 900 North Roop Street
Business Resource & Innovation Center (BRIC) 108 East Proctor Street
Date: January 28, 2014