To help protect one of our most precious resources, Carson City Municipal Code Ordinance #12.01.120 prohibits waste of water running along the street, gutter or storm drain.
Hand watering is allowed when flowers, shrubs and vegetables need a little extra. Please don't water when temperatures are too high or conditions are windy.
The following water restrictions are in effect from June 1 to September 30:
- The watering schedule is three (3) days per week; the last number of your address determines your odd or even status.
ODD watering days are: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
EVEN watering days are: Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- NO watering between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm.
- NO watering on Mondays.
An exemption may be requested and is subject to approval. For more information, please call
887-2355 ext. 7397, or visit us at 3505 Butti Way, Carson City.
- Carson City licensed commercial gardeners or commercial caretakers who are on the premises at the time watering is taking place
- New lawns, for twenty-one (21) days from planting or installation
- Vegetable gardens
- Complexes that file for and receive approval of an irrigation plan
- Accomodations for handicapped / disabled are also available