If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Aquatic Facility, please contact
Kurt Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tami Jennings at email@example.com
or call the Pool at 887-2242
The therapy pool is designed for use by the disabled or physically challenged, with a hydraulic lift, gradually sloped ramp, and shallow steps for easy entry. Pool temperature is slightly warmer for greater comfort. Pool is open to adults, 18 years old and older, or others who can show need. Due to the nature of this pool’s design, it will be not be used for recretional swimming.
The tot pool is for children 6 and under and non-swimmers. A swimming (in a suit) adult (at least 15 years old) must remain within arm’s reach at all times. Swim diapers are required for children who are not yet toilet trained (may be purchased at the front desk for $1.00).
NO FLOTATION DEVICES ALLOWED.
The Olympic-sized indoor pool measures 50 meters x 25 yards. Due to a variety of swimming preferences, lane distance will vary between long course and short course through the week. If you have a preference, please call ahead for format information.
NOTE: NO LAP SWIMMING FROM 2:00PM TO 4:30PM
• Must be 8 years old (with a parent) or
14 years to use unaccompanied
• During peak times, limit your time on
the cardio machines to 20 minutes.
• Wipe off equipment when finished.
• Do not bang weights
• Re-stack your weights when finished.
• No weights on treadmill.
• Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
NEW YOUTH EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE FOR KIDS 8 AND UP. CHILDREN 8 THROUGH 13 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT.
SWIM ATTIRE POLICY
Bathing attire worn at the Carson Aquatic Facility must meet the following criteria:
• Be clean and free of visible dirt
• Not see through when wet
• Not loose fitting so as to impede swimming
• No cut offs, t-shirts or underwear
• Obey Lifeguards
• No running on pool deck
• Children under 6 years old must be accompanied
by someone at least 15 years old.
• No diving in less than 5 feet of water.
• No food, drink, gum or tobacco products.
• No horseplay
• No flotation devices allowed.
Staff reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the facility who is not following rules and/or is disrupting the safe operation of this facility.
Carson Aquatic Facility does not allow personal floatation devices of any kind. We believe there is no substitution for parental supervision.
Indoor main 50 meter pool is to be maintained at 81 degrees to 83 degrees.
Tot Pool at 87 degrees.
Therapy Pool at 92 degrees.
Any fluctuation in temperature will be corrected as soon as possible. Your patience is appreciated.
LOCKERS AVAILABLE FOR DAILY USE
• Please bring a lock to secure personal items. (Available for purchase - $5.00)
• Carson Aquatic Facility will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
• All locks left on lockers overnight will be cut off and contents placed in Lost & Found.
Lifeguard Training Interest??
If you are interested in becoming certified as a lifeguard, please
contact Kurt or Tami at 887-2242 to be placed on an interest list.
You must be at least 15 years old and a strong swimmer
to take the course.