JAC - Jump Around Carson

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Welcome to Carson City’s public transit system!


Ride JAC for FREE during the Carson City Fair! Click here for more information

Notice of Potential Changes to Transit Service:

The Tahoe Transportation District (TTD), which operates the bus routes between Carson City and Minden/Gardnerville, and between Minden/Gardnerville and South Lake Tahoe, has proposed changes to the service. A public meeting is being held in Carson City on July 11th to discuss the proposed changes and to give the public an opportunity to comment. Information about the proposed changes and the public meeting can be found here.


Relocation Notice:

JAC is moving the location of its administrative office and bus yard. The new location will be just down the street from its old location, and will be at the site of the former animal shelter.

As of July 2nd, 2018, all administrative functions of JAC will be performed at 3770 Butti Way (at the corner of Butti Way and Fairview Drive).

Whether you’re traveling across town for work, school, shopping, a medical appointment or recreation, JAC is a safe, reliable and cost-effective way to get around. Please take some time to browse our website, where you'll find information about JAC routes, schedules, fares and much more. For a summary of the JAC transit system, click here to open the JAC Fact Sheet.

Download our free mobile application to locate a bus, find the nearest bus stop, see arrival times, schedules, fares, and more!


  apple icon

If you have questions, comments or suggestions, please call us at (775) 841-RIDE (7433).
Or e-mail us at JAC@carson.org. 

Thank you for visiting our website!

       JAC bus in 2015 Nevada Day Parade

JAC's "10 Years Serving Carson City" Bus in the October 31, 2015 Nevada Day Parade.

Senior Bus Pass Program

NEW PASSES (valid July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018) are now available. If you've completed an enrollment form within the last year, you may stop by the Senior Center Finance Office to simply confirm your information is still current and re-sign the form. If you wish to obtain a new pass, you will need to complete a new form and submit it to the Senior Center Finance Office.

Interested in advertising on our transit buses or shelters?  Go to our Bus/Shelter Advertising page for more information! 



En Español                                                                                    JAC logo


JAC Home / Routes & Schedules / Fares / Transfers / About JAC / 
FAQs / JAC Assist / Bus & Shelter Advertising / Contact Us / En Español