Road Report as of September 22, 2016. The following information applies to the period of September 26 – October 2:
Work will continue on the Downtown Corridor improvement project on Carson Street. For details regarding traffic impacts, including a road closure, please refer to the material provided in local media outlets or go to www.carsonproud.com for more information. These sources are updated weekly throughout the duration of the project.
Lane closures with traffic controls are at the following locations due to utility/road work:
- S. Carson Street southbound lanes just south of 10th Street will have single lane closure, Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Center Drive between Clearview Drive and Koontz Lane, Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- S. Carson Street between Fairview Drive and Overland Street will have single and double lane closures, Monday-Friday, 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., the following intersections on S. Carson Street will have intermittent closures: Clearview Drive, Eagle Station, and Koontz Drive.
- U.S. 395 between Old Clear Creek Road and Snyder Avenue will have a single northbound lane closed between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Road closures expected at the following locations due to utility/road work. Please follow detours:
- E. Robinson Street between Fall and Stewart Streets, Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Topsy Lane between Center Drive and U.S. 395, Monday-Sunday, for all hours, local traffic only.
- N. Edmunds Drive between Gordon and Reeves Streets, Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Bigelow Drive will be closed to through traffic at Snyder Avenue, Thursday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Dirk Goering, AICP
Senior Transportation Planner
Carson City Public Works Department/
Carson Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
3505 Butti Way
Carson City, NV 89701