Road Report as of July 28, 2016. The following information applies to the period of August 1-7:
Work will continue on the Downtown Corridor improvement project on Carson Street. For details regarding traffic impacts, please refer to the material provided in local media outlets or go to www.carsonproud.com for more information. These sources are updated weekly throughout the duration of the project.
Overnight lane closures will take place on S. Carson Street between Fairview Drive and Overland Street Sundays through Fridays from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. One lane in each direction will always remain open, and business access will remain available.
Lane closures with traffic controls are at the following locations due to utility/road work:
• E. Long Street between Roop Street and Marian Avenue, Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Center Drive south of Clear Creek Avenue near Topsy Lane, Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Shouldering project on Arrowhead Drive, Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Road closures expected at the following locations due to utility/road work. Please follow detours:
• Topsy Lane between Center Drive and U.S. 395, Monday-Sunday, for all hours, local traffic only
• Race Track Road and Bigelow Drive south of Snyder Avenue, Monday-Friday, for all hours, local traffic only
• Convair Drive from Arrowhead Drive to Conestoga Drive and at intersection of Boeing Way, Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• Goni Road from Boeing Way to Kelvin Road, Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
• E. Fifth Street loop around the Korean War Memorial, Monday-Sunday, for all hours, parking is available to the south of the park
• Appion Way between California Street and Center Drive, Monday-Sunday, for all hours, residential access only
• Eagle Station Lane between S. Carson Street and the eastern entrance to the JC Penny’s parking lot, the closure starts Monday and will last approximately two weeks. Access points near IHOP and McDonalds will be reopened starting on Wednesday
• Airport Road between Highway 50 and Woodside Drive, Monday-Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Northbound U.S. 395 between Clear Creek Avenue and Snyder Avenue will be reduced from three to two lanes until September 30.
Intermittent lane and ramp closures will also continue on I-580 and Alternate U.S. 395 in Washoe Valley through fall as roadway paving, striping and other improvements are finalized.
• The intersection of Curry and Telegraph Streets, Curry Street between Musser and Spear Streets, Proctor Street between Carson and Curry Streets, and Telegraph Street between Carson and Nevada Street, Friday August 5
Dirk Goering, AICP
Senior Transportation Planner
Carson City Public Works Department/
Carson Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
3505 Butti Way
Carson City, NV 89701