Road Report as of August 25, 2016. The following information applies to the period of August 29 - September 4:
Work will continue on the Downtown Corridor improvement project on Carson Street. For details regarding traffic impacts, please refer to the material provided in local media outlets or go to www.carsonproud.com for more information. These sources are updated weekly throughout the duration of the project.
Lane closures on U.S. 395 between Clear Creek Avenue and Snyder Avenue with daily lane closures on northbound lanes between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Both northbound and southbound lanes will have closures during the evening between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
Lane closures with traffic controls are at the following locations due to utility/road work:
- S. Carson Street northbound lane between Eighth and Stewart Streets, Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Evening lane closures on S. Carson Street between Fairview Drive and Overland Street, Monday-Friday, 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- E. Long Street between Roop Street and Marian Avenue, Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Center Drive south of Clear Creek Avenue near Topsy Lane, Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Arrowhead Drive between Goni Road and the Freeway, Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Shouldering work on Arrowhead Drive between Imus Road and James Drive, Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Race Track Road between Bigelow and Schulz Drives, Monday-Friday, for all hours, local traffic only.
- Tesla Circle north of Jefferson Drive, Friday between 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Jeanell Drive between Winnie Lane and Michael Drive, Monday between 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Road closures expected at the following locations due to utility/road work. Please follow detours:
- Topsy Lane between Center Drive and U.S. 395, Monday-Sunday, for all hours, local traffic only.
- Appion Way between Center Street and Bigelow Drive, Monday-Friday, for all hours, residential access only.
- Eagle Station Lane between S. Carson Street and the eastern entrance to the JC Penny’s parking lot, access points near IHOP and McDonalds are open.
Dirk Goering, AICP
Senior Transportation Planner
Carson City Public Works Department/
Carson Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
3505 Butti Way
Carson City, NV 89701