Temporary Schedule for the Carson City Rifle and Pistol Range Starting September 10
In response to the seasonal transition affecting daylight hours, the Rifle and Pistol Range will temporarily change its hours to Tuesday through Friday, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. starting September 10, 2019. Daylight hours are beginning to reflect the occurrence of seasonal change. To ensure adequate and safe accommodations for range enthusiasts the range must adopt the new operational hours.
During the temporary hours of operation, the Rifle and Pistol Range will be monitored by a Parks Department Park Ranger or Volunteer Range Safety Officer (RSO). The following schedule and guidelines have been established:
- Tuesday - Friday from 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- There will be a mandatory Cold Range called at 6:45 p.m., on the entire range, to allow the collection of targets off the ranges and the premise to be vacated by 7 p.m.
- No Reservations accepted during this time period, first come first served basis only.
- Sundays from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- During Sunday operations the Rifle and Pistol Range will be monitored by Volunteer RSO from the Carson Rifle and Pistol Club.
- If a Park Ranger or Volunteer RSO’s is not available during these timeframes the range will not be open for use.
The City sincerely regrets any inconveniences caused by the temporary schedule. The City has an obligation to the public to promptly address any potential risks and implement changes to ensure safe practices. The City appreciates the Carson Rifle and Pistol Club’s volunteerism and the public’s cooperation.