Getting Married

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Your marriage ceremony may be performed by any of the following:

  • An ordained minister, religious official, or Notary Public who has obtained permission from the County Clerk to perform marriages pursuant to NRS 122.062.
  • All judicial officers (Judges) of the State of Nevada. 
  • Chaplains of the Armed Forces.

 You may verify the officiant is authorized by the State of Nevada by contacting our office at (775)887-2084 or by visiting the Nevada Secretary of State's online Nevada Minister Search.

A Justice of the Peace is available to perform marriages in the Carson City Courthouse on Saturdays.  Please confirm the Judge's available times with our office prior to the Saturday you wish to be married.  The Judge's fee is $75.00 (cash only).  Please be sure to provide one witness for the marriage.

Your marriage ceremony may be performed at any wedding chapel, church, or anywhere your authorized marriage officiant is willing to perform the marriage ceremony, within the State of Nevada.  The marriage license expires one year from the date of issuance.   

Within 10 days after the marriage ceremony, the officiant is responsible to deliver or mail the completed marriage certificate to the County Clerk's office.  The certificate is then recorded, a certified copy is prepared, and the certified copy is mailed to the address indicated on the license.