Carson City Public Works is here to serve you!
3505 Butti Way, Carson City, Nevada 89701
(775) 887-2355 | Fax (775) 887-2112
Office Hours: Monday thru Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Carson City Public Works is made up of many divisions, including the Operations divisions of Streets, Water, Sewer, Storm Water, Wastewater, Environmental and Landfill. It also includes the Engineering Division which oversees all Capital Projects; the Transportation Division, which includes RTC, JAC, and CAMPO; and the Utility Billing Division.
Weather Notice Update 2/12/2019 2:00 p.m.
The National Weather Service is forecasting a strong wet winter storm event which may impact the Carson City area from Wednesday, February 13, to Thursday, February 14. Recent storms left many storm drains blocked by snow. Storm preparation efforts are underway, Carson City Public Works crews are currently assessing drain inlets, opening storm drains, and plowing the streets. Community members can help prepare by checking nearby storm drains and removing any blockage. For assistance call Carson City Public Works at (775) 887-2355. This storm will bring strong winds; please secure loose objects as soon as possible. For related storm updates and information visit carson.org/alerts. Please be safe and be prepared. If needed, sandbag locations are stocked with bags and sand, please bring your own shovel. To view current sandbag locations visit carson.org/alerts.
Carson City has instituted the CodeRED Emergency Notification System - an ultra high-speed telephone communication service for emergency notifications. This system allows us to telephone all or targeted areas of the City in case of an emergency situation that requires immediate action (such as a boil-water notice, missing child or evacuation notices). The system is capable of dialing 50,000 phone numbers per hour. It then delivers our recorded message to a live person or an answering machine, making three attempts to connect to any number. Examples of times when the CodeRED system could be utilized: drinking water contamination, utility outage, evacuation notice and route, missing person, fires or floods, bomb threat, hostage situation, chemical spill or Gas leak, and other emergency incidents where rapid and accurate notification is essential for life safety.
Road Report as of February 14, 2019. The following information applies to the period of February 18-24:
Lane restrictions are expected at the following locations due to road/utility work:
Silver Sage Drive will be reduced to a single lane between Chateau Drive and Windtree Circle, Monday-Wednesday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pmWinnie Lane will be reduced to a single lane between Ash Canyon Road and Alfred Way, Tuesday-Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
· Cinnabar Lane will be reduced to a single lane between College Parkway and Boulder Drive, Monday-Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
U.S. Hwy 50 westbound outer lane will have lane restrictions between Airport Road and Sherman Lane, Monday-Friday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, the multi-use path will be closed.
· Menlo Drive will have intermittent single lane closures between Lompa Drive and Airport Road, Monday-Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
· Adaline Street will have intermittent lane closures between Division Street and Nevada Street, includes intersections, Monday-Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm
Periodic On-Street Parking Restrictions, Monday-Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, for tree planting in the following locations:
· Curry Street between Musser and Robinson Street
· Musser Street between Curry Street and Carson Street
· Proctor Street between Curry Street and Carson Street
· Telegraph Street between Curry Street and Carson Street
· Spear Street between Curry Street and Carson Street
· Robinson Street between Curry Street and Carson Street