August 9, 2019
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING FOR DISCUSSION OF POSSIBLE CARSON CITY CDBG APPLICATION
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the City of Carson City will conduct a public hearing on September 12, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. at the Community Development Conference Room A
108 E. Proctor Street, Carson City, NV 8970 in order to discuss potential applications for funding under the next fiscal year’s (July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021) State Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program and to solicit additional citizen input on possible activities to be included in an application.
ELIGIBLE ACTIVITIES UNDER THE ABOVE ALLOCATION CONSIST OF: PUBLIC FACILITY AND PUBLIC IMPROVEMENTS PROJECTS, PUBLIC SERVICE PROGRAMS, PLANNING STUDIES, ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BUSINESS ASSISTANCE AND MICROENTERPRISE ACTIVITIES. ELIGIBLE ACTIVITIES PAID FOR WITH THE STATE CDBG FUNDS MUST MEET ONE OR MORE OF THE THREE NATIONAL OBJECTIVES LISTED IN CDBG FEDERAL STATUTES AS FOLLOWS: BENEFIT TO LOW INCOME HOUSEHOLDS OR PERSONS; ELIMINATION OF SLUMS AND BLIGHT; OR MEETING URGENT COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT NEED.
The purpose of this public hearing is to give citizens an opportunity to discuss proposed projects submitted to date and to suggest further ideas. Proposed projects and estimated funding are listed. Only projects listed here and proposed at the meeting will be forwarded to the Council/Commissioners for approval.
- Carson City Public Works, Colorado Street ADA Improvements $270,000
- Carson City Parks & Recreation, Long Ranch Park ADA Improvements $200,000
- Ron Wood Family Resource Center, Chronic Absenteeism $35,000
- FISH, Family Dormitories Planning and Design $150,000
- ESL In-Home Program, Second Language Tutoring $15,000
- RSVP, Veterans Volunteers in Partnership (VIP) Program Phase III $50,000
Notice to persons with disabilities: Members of the public who are disabled and require special assistance or accommodations at the meeting are requested to notify Carson City, Department of Finance, Att: Mirjana Gavric, in writing at 201 North Carson Street, Suite 3, Carson City, NV, 89701, or by calling (775) 283-7069 at least 48 hours in advance. For person with a disability who need to call Carson City, please note the TDD# is 711.
If you are unable to attend the public hearing, you may direct written comments to the Carson City Department of Finance at 201 N. Carson Street, Suite 3, Carson City, NV 89701 or you may telephone Mirjana Gavric, Grants Administrator at 775-283-7069. In addition, information is available for review at the above address between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
The City of Carson City promotes fair housing and makes all its programs available to low- and moderate-income families regardless of age, race, color, relation, sex, national origin, sexual preference, marital status or handicap.
CDBG Public Meeting # 2: Date and Time: Thursday, September 12, 2019
From 9:00 a.m. to noon
A final public meeting will be held to discuss, approve and rank applications prior to submittal to the Carson City Board of Supervisors in meeting # 3, see date and time below.
CDBG Public Meeting # 3: Date and Time: Wednesday, March 25, 2020
From 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
All meetings to be held at the:
Community Development Conference Room A
108 E. Proctor Street
Carson City, NV 89701
This notice was posted in the following locations:
- The Planning Division office, 108 E. Proctor St., 1st Floor
- The Department of Finance, 201 N. Carson St. Suite #3
- State Library & Archives
- Carson City’s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/CarsonCityGovernment/
- Carson City’s website calendar and news, https://carson.org/government/meetings-and-events
- Carson City’s web-site grants page, carson.org/grants
- E-mail list of vendors, at Mirjana Gavric, 775-283-7069.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at 775-283-7069 or at MGavric@carson.org